This monthly group sit aims to promote mental health and wellbeing in the local area. It is also a fundraiser for the Town Hall.
$10 ($8 concession card holders). All proceeds go to the Town Hall.
Payment is cash on the night. Please bring correct change.
Each session runs for around 90 minutes. Here is a rough timetable.
- 7:15 pm Arrival and payment
- 7:30 pm Welcome and introductions
- 7:40 pm Relaxation practice
- 7:45 pm Mindfulness meditation instructions
- 8:00 pm Short guided mindfulness meditation
- 8:10 pm Short break
- 8:20 pm Longer guided mindfulness meditation
- 8:40 pm Short break
- 8:50 pm Guided lovingkindness meditation
- 9:00 pm Session ends
These sessions will be facilitated by Dey Alexander.
What to expect and bring
For the meditation practices, you can sit on a chair, cushion, bolster or meditation stool, or you can lie on the floor.
Chairs are provided, but bring your own cushion, bolster, or stool. If you want to lie on the floor, bring a yoga mat and pillow.
In cooler months, bring a shawl or blanket to keep warm. You may also want to bring socks to keep your feet warm.
- Arrival is from 7:15 pm. Check in and get settled so we can start on time at 7:30 pm.
- Enter via the rear door off the car park in Bradley Street.
- Turn off or silence your mobile phone.
- Remove your shoes at the door. This is a customary practice observed in yoga and meditation halls around the world. Because we will be sitting or lying on the floor, we do not want to bring in dirt. Removing shoes is also a mark of respect for the practise we are about to engage in. And it symbolises leaving your outer world at the door.
- Keep noble silence once you enter the hall and at all times except during the introductions and if you need to ask a question. We keep noble silence to help the process of quieting ourselves for meditation, and to savour the stillness after meditation.
Who can attend?
Everyone is welcome. You DO NOT need any:
- previous meditation experience. Instructions will be provided.
- religious beliefs. Mindfulness meditation doesn’t require you to have or change your beliefs.
If you have a current or recent mental health condition, you must get clearance from your doctor or psychologist before registering to attend. We will ask you to confirm that you are cleared to attend when you register.
You must register to attend as we need to limit numbers and keep contact details to meet public health requirements.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED for Monday 22 February.
- Monday 15 March
- Thursday 15 April
- Monday 17 May
- Tuesday 15 June