This 8-week course gently leads you into the practice of mindfulness meditation. We go step by step through the process, providing some theory and guided practice.
During the course we’ll practice mindfulness of sounds, breathing, the body, emotions and thoughts. And we’ll discuss:
- preparation for meditation, including your environment, relaxation, posture, and attitude
- obstacles to mindfulness and how to deal with them
- stress response and the relaxation response
- thinking and awareness
- contents of awareness and qualities of awareness
- cognitive and affective aspects of emotions
- movement and stillness
- mindfulness in daily life.
- a printed summary handout at each session
- access to online materials (guided meditations and readings).
You need to be willing to set aside 10-15 minutes each day to practice.
If you have a mental health condition you must get a clearance from your doctor or psychologist before attending this course.
Times and dates
We will not be running this course in the first half of 2020.
The course runs at the Kyabram Town Hall. Free parking is available at the rear of the Town Hall in Bradley Street.
The course is run by Dey Alexander, a registered meditation teacher with Meditation Australia. Read more about Dey.
After you register, we will email you a link to a background questionnaire. Each attendee must fill this out before the course starts.
We don’t offer refunds once the course has started. Three main reasons for this are:
- We decide whether to go ahead with the course based on balancing the income from enrolments against the costs. We may end up running at a loss if we allow refunds after the course has started.
- Some people can miss out on a place if the course is fully booked. If you withdraw before we start, we can give your place to someone else.
- You get access to the course materials from the first session.
If you find you’re unable to attend all the sessions, you’re welcome to re-attend the next time we run the course.
Re-attending the course
If you’ve attended this course before, you’re welcome to join us again at no cost.
Please contact Dey to confirm that places are available for returning students. And note that we don’t usually provide you with another set of printed materials.