This 6-week course introduces two different styles of meditation: intentional meditation and inquiry.
During the course we discuss:
- styles of meditation
- intentional meditation using imagery
- imagery: what it is, why it is useful and how it works
- guided imagery practices for inner peace, health and well-being
- affirmations: what they are, how to create them and how to use them
- intentional meditation to cultivate certain qualities
- forgiveness: myths about forgiveness, benefits of cultivating forgiveness, guided meditation
- gratitude: what it is, benefits of cultivating gratitude, guided meditation
- loving-kindness: what it is, benefits of cultivating loving-kindness, guided meditation
- inquiry or contemplation
- what contemplation is and why it is useful
- steps for contemplation
- contemplations for exploring difficult emotions, turning points, purpose and passion, and the good in you
You’ll receive a printed handout each week, plus access to online materials (meditation instructions, guided meditations and readings).
Times and dates
All classes are on Tuesday evenings from 7.00 pm to around 9.00 pm. Next courses start on:
- 30 April 2019 – runs over 6 consecutive weeks to 4 June
- 13 August 2019 – runs over 6 consecutive week to 17 September
Registration for the April course will open in March 2019.
$66.00 (inclusive of GST).
The course runs at the Kyabram Town Hall. Free parking is available at the rear of the Town Hall in Bradley Street.
The course is run by Dey Alexander, a registered meditation teacher with Meditation Australia. Read more about Dey.
We do not offer refunds once the course has started.
If you find you’re unable to attend all the sessions, you’re welcome to re-attend the next time we run the course.
Re-attending the course
If you’ve attended this course before, you’re welcome to join us again at no cost. Please contact Dey to confirm that places are available for returning students.