This 6-week course introduces two different styles of meditation: intentional meditation and inquiry.
During the course we discuss:
- styles of meditation
- intentional meditation using imagery
- imagery: what it is, why it’s useful and how it works
- guided imagery practices for inner peace, health and well-being
- affirmations: what they are, how to create them and how to use them
- intentional meditation to cultivate certain qualities
- forgiveness: myths about forgiveness, benefits of cultivating forgiveness, guided meditation
- gratitude: what it is, benefits of cultivating gratitude, guided meditation
- loving-kindness: what it is, benefits of cultivating loving-kindness, guided meditation
- inquiry or contemplation
- what contemplation is and why it’s useful
- steps for contemplation
- contemplations for exploring difficult emotions, turning points, purpose and passion, and the good in you
You’ll receive a printed handout each week, plus access to online materials (meditation instructions, guided meditations and readings).
Times, dates and location
The course is run by Dey Alexander, a registered meditation teacher with Meditation Australia.
After you register, we will email you a link to a background questionnaire. Each attendee must fill this out before the course starts.
Refunds are not available
We don’t offer refunds once the course has started because:
- we decide whether to go ahead with the course based on balancing the income from enrolments against the costs
- you get access to the course materials from the first session.